Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/10/29 05:34:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

We have cleared all of the issues in JIRA for this release.  Several bug
fixes, features, and improvements have gone into 0.9.3.  You can look at
the full change log here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10516&styleName=Html&version=12310193

In breif here are the major feature highlights:

---

 o [0] LDAP Subentries
 o [1] Collective Attributes (uses subentries)
 o JNDI Event Notification
 o X.501 Based Basic Access Control Scheme (uses subentries)
 o [2] NTP Service
 o [3] MS Windows Change Password and Set Password Protocol Service

---

So let's take a vote:

[ ] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
[ ] 0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Thanks,
Alex

----

[0] - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3672.html
[1] - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3672.html
[2] - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1305.html
[3] - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3244.html

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> We have cleared all of the issues in JIRA for this release.  Several bug
> fixes, features, and improvements have gone into 0.9.3.  You can look at
> the full change log here:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10516&styleName=Html&version=12310193
>

> In breif here are the major feature highlights:
>
> ---
>
> o [0] LDAP Subentries
> o [1] Collective Attributes (uses subentries)
> o JNDI Event Notification
> o X.501 Based Basic Access Control Scheme (uses subentries)
> o [2] NTP Service
> o [3] MS Windows Change Password and Set Password Protocol Service
>
> ---
>
> So let's take a vote:
>
> [X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Phil

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Nick Faiz <ni...@atlassian.com>.
[*] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
[ ] 0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Nick

--

ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com
Australia's Fastest Growing Software Company 2002-05 [BRW Magazine]

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> We have cleared all of the issues in JIRA for this release.  Several bug
> fixes, features, and improvements have gone into 0.9.3.  You can look at
> the full change log here:
So let's take a vote:

[X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
[ ] 0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
[x] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
[ ]  0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

--
Ersin

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
2005/10/29, Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>:

> [X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
[ ]  0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Enrique

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
[ ] 0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

-- Emmanuel

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> We have cleared all of the issues in JIRA for this release.  Several
> bug fixes, features, and improvements have gone into 0.9.3.  You can
> look at the full change log here:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10516&styleName=Html&version=12310193
>

> In breif here are the major feature highlights:
>
> ---
>
> o [0] LDAP Subentries
> o [1] Collective Attributes (uses subentries)
> o JNDI Event Notification
> o X.501 Based Basic Access Control Scheme (uses subentries)
> o [2] NTP Service
> o [3] MS Windows Change Password and Set Password Protocol Service
>
> ---
>
> So let's take a vote:
>
> [X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

My vote and a correction ...

> [0] - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3672.html
> [1] - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3672.html

Above should be ... [1] - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3671.html

Alex

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Vincent <vt...@videotron.ca>.
> So let's take a vote:
>
> [x] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Great work guys!

-- Vincent

Re: [Results] [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Jérôme Baumgarten <jb...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
[ ] 0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Jerome

Re: [Results] [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>Do like we all do : put a post-it(tm) with all your passwords and pass
>phrases under your keyboard ;)

Next time for sure.

Alex

Re: [Results] [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
<snip>
> ... I'm going to need some
> help with signing the distros since I lost my PGP key's pass phrase.
<snip/>

Didn't you told me that it was "Apache DS rocks !" ?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Stefan Zoerner wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> There were 9 +1 votes, no vetoes, and no votes to abstain:
>>
>> Alex Karasulu
>> Enrique Rodriguez
>> Emmanuel Lecharny
>> Nick Faiz
>> Ersin Er
>> Trustin Lee
>> Phil Steitz
>> Brett Porter
>> Vincent Tence
>>
>> I'll release if there are no objections.  However I'm going to need
>> some help with signing the distros since I lost my PGP key's pass
>> phrase.  I could get another one but it won't be signed by anyone.
>> So perhaps Phil, you or Brett can lend me a hand with this.  I'll
>> deploy everything if one of you guys can take care of this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>

> Alex, You have forgotten to count my vote (30.10.), => 10 ;-)

Ooops must have missed it sorry about that.

Alex

Re: [Results] [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Brett Porter wrote:

>On 10/29/05, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>[X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
>>[ ] 0 Abstain
>>[ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3
>>

>Nice work everyone.
>
>Does this entail releasing any independant libraries other than the
>server? If so, I'd like to ensure an appropriate version of Maven is
>used - let me know and I'll point to the relevant doco.

Not really (already have released MINA) but what are your thoughts here?

Alex

Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 10/29/05, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> [X] +1 Release ApacheDS 0.9.3
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Do not release ApacheDS 0.9.3

Nice work everyone.

Does this entail releasing any independant libraries other than the
server? If so, I'd like to ensure an appropriate version of Maven is
used - let me know and I'll point to the relevant doco.

- Brett