Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Goehring, Chuck Mr., RCI - San Diego" <cg...@resourceconsultants.com> on 2003/08/04 17:27:59 UTC

Re-routing messages from the console on Win NT/2000

Tomcatters,

I am running Tomcat 4.1.24 on Windows NT 4.0.  When I get a runtime error in my servlet, I'm getting stack traces on the console instead of in the log.  Is there a way to force all output to the log.  I have a log specified that it writes to while the container loads, but for some reason, runtime errors.  Should I be doing something other than "exception.printStackTrace();".  If I could get a copy of the stack trace, I could use getServletContext().log().

Suggestions please.

Thanks
Chuck