Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by topans <ta...@yahoo.co.id> on 2008/12/05 03:36:01 UTC

Dynamic Checkbox and Radio Button

Dear All,

I need an advice to record script in Jmeter for Dynamic Checkbox and Radio
Button. In case, the checkbox and radio button have dynamic value so I
should record that from their index. Please explain to me how could I do
that.

Best Regards,
Topans

Re: Dynamic Checkbox and Radio Button

Posted by topans7 <ta...@lhsystems.co.id>.

sebb-2-2 wrote:

> Not sure what you mean.
>
> I suggest you record the session, and have a look a the generated samples.
> If necessary, use the Regex Extractor to generate a variable that you
> can use in the sampler that uses the checkbox and radio button.

My friend, unfortunately i'm just a newbie that haven't knowledge about
regex extractor to generate variable. but somehow, i think it doesnt need
variable because i need to extract their index not variable.

here the screenshot :

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20911398/urgent.jpg

RE: Dynamic Checkbox and Radio Button

Posted by Steve Kapinos <St...@tandberg.com>.
I think you need a baseline understanding of the html you are trying to
mimmick.

You don't 'check the checkbox'... your browser renders some data from
the server.. you the user see the rendering.. and the browser sends back
data based on the input you created.  With headless testing, there is no
user interacting with the render of the page.  You get data in, you must
send data back.  What the data you send back is going to be based on the
page sent to you by the server.  This is why your solution will be
processing the html data sent by the server, and forming a post back to
the server including the results you want.

You can use the proxy recorder to help see how it works, or use a packet
sniffer.  If you are looking for some magic 'set checkbox = 3' it
doesn't work that way.  You should probably do some basic reading on how
html works for these types of functions so you know what you are looking
for in the html.

Jmeter lets you send raw html.. its up to you to really know what you
should be sending.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20911237/urgent.jpg

Re: Dynamic Checkbox and Radio Button

Posted by topans7 <ta...@lhsystems.co.id>.