Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Brown <br...@reflexe.fr> on 2002/09/18 17:16:13 UTC

[TC4.0.4] "MAPPING configuration error for request URI" message in logs, but request processed okay

Hello,

I've seen the following message appear in my logs (Tomcat's main servlet
log):

StandardHost[localhost]: MAPPING configuration error for request URI

I'm testing stuff on localhost (I'm the only user, and I'm trying one
message at a time), and this error is reported, yet nothing seems to be
going wrong.  Am I missing something that I should be correcting?

Thanks
- Chris

SOLVED: [TC4.0.4] "MAPPING configuration error for request URI" message in logs, but request processed okay

Posted by Chris Brown <br...@reflexe.fr>.
I had defined three servlets in web.xml

I called one, it worked, yet I saw the error message being logged (read my
original message, below).  It appeared due to a one-letter spelling mistake
in another servlet definition.

My mistake, but the error message wasn't too clear.

- Chris

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>