Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/02/26 18:47:57 UTC

Success Percentage

I'm enjoying watching the good work as the successes # goes up, and the
failures # & prereqs # go down. To help us gauge community progress I added
a few percentages.

    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/#Project+Summary

I made "Overall Success" be the successes + packages percentage (of all
projects), and I might have one slight miscalc in there (if a package fails,
like jcifs), but it is close for now.

We have an overall of 62.18% of 476 projects. Not bad...

regards,

Adam
--
Experience the Unwired Enterprise:
http://www.sybase.com/unwiredenterprise

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
"Berin Lautenbach" <be...@wingsofhermes.org> wrote:

> I must have missed the original message.  I've been playing a bit
> recently with DB access from Python - it's fairly easy, but let me
> caveat that by saying that I haven't done anything too complex.

I probably just didn't do a sufficiently rigorous search. I started on
python.org, looked at packages listed there -- and did their searches, not
google searches. I guess I just missed some of the stuff out there. If we go
RDBMS (as I suspect we will, for some things) I'll dig in deeper, thanks.

regards

Adam

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Adam,

I must have missed the original message.  I've been playing a bit
recently with DB access from Python - it's fairly easy, but let me
caveat that by saying that I haven't done anything too complex.

The MySQL interface you mentioned in the original e-mail provides
support for the Python DB API 2.0 spec, which (as I understand it - am
not a huge python expert, so happy to be corrected :>), should allow any
DB code to move to any other database where the 2.0 API is also
supported.  Given there are Oracle, PostgresSQL, DB/2, ODBC etc.
implementations of the API, I think we'd be fairly safe heading down
that path.

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> JCharts already has an XML module for outputting graphs, and I'm very
>> interested in doing it too by adding charting support to Forrest.
>>
>> But what I still need too is to understand *how* to get that data in
>> XML form.
>
> If the data is in some form of database, it should be fairly easy to
> pull out and put into an XML document with a defined schema.
>
> Personally, I'm not sure I'd want to use an XML document for storing
> statistical data in the first instance.

Not for storing, just the charts to display in XML form.

> But then (and apologies here - I am still coming up to speed with Gump,
> so I may be missing something), is there a question about how we
> aggregate the data from the various gump builders into a common
> database?  Or do we just pull in one build system?

For now one will suffice. Then we can see to extend :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Nick Chalko wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> Since forrest understands SVG,    I am sure I could do a SVG bar graph ,
>> But I think we will need a tool to handle history type charts.
>

> JCharts already has an XML module for outputting graphs, and I'm very
> interested in doing it too by adding charting support to Forrest.

That would be cool.

> But what I still need too is to understand *how* to get that data in XML
> form.

Yes and it might not be so easy at it seems. See my next email for why
this is.

--
Stefano.

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>
>>> Would be totally cool if we had graphs of this over time... <hint>
>>> <hint> ;-)
>>

>> Sure, now help me figure out how, hint hint... ;-)

Since forrest understands SVG,    I am sure I could do a SVG bar graph ,
But I think we will need a tool to handle history type charts.

R,
Nick

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>Would be totally cool if we had graphs of this over time... <hint>
>><hint> ;-)
>

> Sure, now help me figure out how, hint hint... ;-)
>

> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=gump@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=4408

Zope has a pretty good object oriented persistent store system (in
python), you might want to take a look at that.

--
Stefano.

Re: Success Percentage

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.