Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by dinshetty <di...@gs.com> on 2009/01/07 16:05:04 UTC

Re: Generating ppt through java

Hi Yegor,

I need to read text in the cells (in the form of string) from an Excel 2007
file.
I am using the package org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.*.
I tried to use the methods Cell.getRichStringCellValue().getString() and
Cell.getRichStringCellValue().toString(). But these methods are returning
null, when the cell's text is having different fonts (i.e. some part of the
cell's text is bold and some part is plain).
Is there any way I can get the plain text regardless of the font and format
of the text ?

Regards,
Dinakara

Re: Generating ppt through java

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Which version of POI? Try the latest trunk, daily builds can be downloaded from http://encore.torchbox.com/poi-svn-build/

If the problem persists, create a bug in bugzilla and attach the xlsx file and sample code to reproduce the behavior.

Yegor