Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2003/09/24 01:57:58 UTC

Re: svn+ssh:// on Windows

Resending to the users@ list:

RE: svn+ssh:// on Windows

Posted by Bastian Hoyer <ho...@reakktor.com>.

Maybe the TortuisePlink program which comes with Tortuisecvs is better for
that...

Bastian

Re: svn+ssh:// on Windows

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Shun-ichi GOTO wrote:

>>>I know a few people have tried using tunnelled 'svnserve' on Windows,
>>>but it didn't work because of the SetConsole(Output)CP calls in the
>>>code. These are now gone in HEAD and on the 0.30.0 branch; could
>>>somebody please try svn+ssh:// again? Thanks.
>>>

>I've tried and success with svn 0.29 (distro) and OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 on
>windows XP, from both UNIX and Windows.
>
>BTW, I had problem around GetCP()

(You mean SetConsoleCP, I hope?)

Re: svn+ssh:// on Windows

Posted by Shun-ichi GOTO <go...@taiyo.co.jp>.

> > I know a few people have tried using tunnelled 'svnserve' on Windows,
> > but it didn't work because of the SetConsole(Output)CP calls in the
> > code. These are now gone in HEAD and on the 0.30.0 branch; could
> > somebody please try svn+ssh:// again? Thanks.

I've tried and success with svn 0.29 (distro) and OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 on
windows XP, from both UNIX and Windows.

BTW, I had problem around GetCP() on executing command (ex. ssh host ls)
with Cygwin's OpenSSH 3.6, and it's gone at 3.7.1p1. I don't know reason
why. Any way, please update cygwin's OpenSSH then try it.

--- Regards,
 Shun-ichi Goto  <go...@taiyo.co.jp>
   R&D Group, TAIYO Corp., Tokyo, JAPAN