Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Daniil Sabadash <da...@sabadash.su> on 2020/08/17 17:25:10 UTC

addUsersAndGroups API call

Hello.
I'm trying to add users to the role via API. Can you please send me what
the PUT request body should look like for the call?
PUT
<https://ranger.apache.org/apidocs/ui/index.html#!/PublicAPIsv2/addUsersAndGroups>
 /public/v2/api/roles/{id}/addUsersAndGroups
<https://ranger.apache.org/apidocs/ui/index.html#!/PublicAPIsv2/addUsersAndGroups>

Unfortunately I can't find any clues on the internet. I've tried a lot of
variants of the body, but still getting 404.
Making a GET call to the service/public/v2/api/roles/{id} returns a valid
response. I'm also able to add users to if via Ranger UI. So the service in
general and the role itself are fine.

--
Thank you, Daniil.

Re: addUsersAndGroups API call

Posted by Daniil Sabadash <da...@sabadash.su>.
Thank you, Ramesh. Yes, I've used this as a reference. Unfortunately
there's no request body example, so I've tried to send different
combinations of the response body instead. Like this, for example:

{
  "users" : [ {
    "isAdmin" : true,
    "name" : "testuser1"
  } ]
}

I've also to include empty 'roles' and 'groups' arrays. It still returns me
404 http code.

--
С уважением,
Сабадаш Даниил