Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by wooza <da...@live.de> on 2019/01/30 12:07:27 UTC

Trying to establish SHH connection with Key authentication = You have been disconnected

Hello

I am having difficulties setting up a SSH connection with key
authentication. First of all, with password authentication it works just
fine. When trying to use key authentication I assume when checking the logs
I can successfully authenticate and establish a connection but then get
immediately get disconnected with the message in Guacamole: "You have been
disconnected". I have attached logs from Tomcat, ssh-logs of the machine
receiving the connection as well as the guacd status log.

Also my setup: I am using an apache proxy to connect to guacamole (same
machine).

Attached files:
tomcat.log
<http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t816/tomcat.log>
ssh-log.txt
<http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t816/ssh-log.txt>
guacd-log.txt
<http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t816/guacd-log.txt>

Re: Trying to establish SHH connection with Key authentication = You have been disconnected

Posted by wooza <da...@live.de>.
I cannot get the official docker image to work on my Raspberry as the sql
image refuses to get downloaded, it doesn't seem to be supported with ARM.

I also found this: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888973
which I think relates to my issue. I will open an issue ticket on the github
I have the docker image from and maybe in the future switch OS and run it
virtualized on a x86 machine.
Thanks for the help

Re: Trying to establish SHH connection with Key authentication = You have been disconnected

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Feb 3, 2019, 19:20 wooza <daniel.hobi@live.de wrote:

> Ok really disappointed as the issue is continue happen even though I am now
> running the latest version.

With a different error message and different logs, you are encountering a
different issue.

I have used docker and this image:
> https://github.com/oznu/docker-guacamole ( I am running on armv7)

Have you tried using the images produced by the project itself?

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-docker.html

I don't know that this has any bearing on your issue, but beware that we
don't maintain the image you are currently using; it's maintained by a
member of the community.

> Now when trying to establish an SSH connection with PKA, I cannot get
> access
> the terminal even though everything succeeds. A screenshot is provided
> showing the established connection
> <
> http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t816/connection-error.png

What do you see in the Tomcat logs?

- Mike

Re: Trying to establish SHH connection with Key authentication = You have been disconnected

Posted by wooza <da...@live.de>.
Ok really disappointed as the issue is continue happen even though I am now
running the latest version. I have used docker and this image:
https://github.com/oznu/docker-guacamole ( I am running on armv7)

Now when trying to establish an SSH connection with PKA, I cannot get access
the terminal even though everything succeeds. A screenshot is provided
showing the established connection
<http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t816/connection-error.png>
. I run raspbian as OS and my private key length is 4096bit.

Here is the log:

guacd[250]: INFO:       Creating new client for protocol "ssh"
guacd[250]: INFO:       Connection ID is
"$1bdf6491-890e-4708-92d0-abb9d6fc4be5"
guacd[348]: INFO:       User "@840f97cf-4890-1827-a39f-f3ddc938bf8d" joined
connection "$1bdf6491-d90e-4709-92d0-abb9d6fc4be5" (1 users now present)
03:11:12.356 [http-nio-8080-exec-4] INFO  o.a.g.tunnel.TunnelRequestService
- User "test" connected to connection "76".
guacd[348]: INFO:       Auth key successfully imported.
guacd[348]: WARNING:    No known host keys provided, host identity will not
be verified.
guacd[348]: INFO:       SSH connection successful.
guacd[348]: INFO:       User "@840f97cf-4890-1827-a39f-f3ddc938bf8d"
disconnected (0 users remain)
guacd[348]: INFO:       Last user of connection
"$1bdf6491-890e-4708-92d0-abb9d6fc4be5" disconnected
guacd[348]: INFO:       SSH connection ended.

Re: Trying to establish SHH connection with Key authentication = You have been disconnected

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:31 PM wooza <da...@live.de> wrote:

> Maybe it's worth mentioning: I have installed guacamole using this guide:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Guacamole but I just realized that the version I
> installed from the Debian Package ( apt install guacd -y)  is v 0.9.9 and
> that is many years old.
>
> What would be the solution to upgrade to the latest version?

Instructions are here:
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html

-Nick

Re: Trying to establish SHH connection with Key authentication = You have been disconnected

Posted by wooza <da...@live.de>.
vnick wrote
> If you use that same private key file from the command line to log into
> the
> same target SSH system, with the same username, does it work?

I have converted the private key with putty and tried to login, it works.

vnick wrote
> Can you start guacd in debug logging mode (-L debug) and post that log
> back?

I hope I have done this step since I am not very experienced: I created a
guacd.conf file in /etc/guacamole and inserted following:

[daemon]

log_level = debug

And rebooted the system. Now when trying it again, it spits out following:

Jan 30 16:26:38 reverse-proxy guacd[952]: Supported authentication methods:
publickey
Jan 30 17:11:23 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Protocol "ssh" selected
Jan 30 17:11:23 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Connection ID is
"$7bc2e221-1f8f-435c-8983-396e5592b74a"
Jan 30 17:11:23 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Starting client
Jan 30 17:11:23 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Starting input thread.
Jan 30 17:11:23 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Starting output thread.
Jan 30 17:11:23 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Attempting private key import
(WITHOUT passphrase)
Jan 30 17:11:23 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Auth key successfully imported.
Jan 30 17:11:23 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Successfully connected to host
192.168.1.57, port 41000
Jan 30 17:11:24 reverse-proxy guacd[1424]: Supported authentication methods:
publickey

Re: Trying to establish SHH connection with Key authentication = You have been disconnected

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.