Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Shashidhar Bhattaram <sh...@infosys.com> on 2003/01/08 12:31:47 UTC

Problem while configuring Oracle 8.1.7 as the Jetspeed database

All,

I am trying to configure Oracle 8.1.7 with Jetspeed (1.4b3). I have the
schema setup correctly and the tables are populated with the default
data. Following are the changes I made to the torque.properties file.

torque.database.default.adapter=oracle
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@triveni:1521:galileo
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user =  turbine
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password =turbine

I get the following exception when I access the home page..

Horrible Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getU
ser(TurbineUserManagement.java:166)
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUser
Management.java:98)
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getA
nonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:215)
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(Jet
speedAuthentication.java:107)
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedS
ecurity.java:159)
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(T
emplateSessionValidator.java:97)
            at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedSessionValidator.doPerform(J
etspeedSessionValidator.java:103)
            at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
            at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
            at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:521)
            at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
            at
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc
her.java:684)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:432)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:356)
            at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:4
30)
            at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:42)
            at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
            at
            at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:204)
            at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
            at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
            at
            at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
            at
erChain.java:193)
            at
e.java:260)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
            at
            at
e.java:191)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
            at
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:241
5)
            at
:180)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
            at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:170)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
            at
:172)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
            at
            at
java:174)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
            at
            at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
            at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:43
2)
            at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
            at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:53
4)
            at
.java:530)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I thought it might have been due to Jetspeed not being able to locate
the oracle drivers. But even after I added them (classes12.zip) to
\WEB-INF\lib, I still get the same error.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

RE: Problem while configuring Oracle 8.1.7 as the Jetspeed database

Posted by Bill Weir <bi...@outsourceadvice.com>.
...I mean to say... you need to make sure your Oracle JDBC classes are in
your CLASSPATH.

Bill