Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "KAMM, BILL" <wk...@att.com> on 2016/01/28 23:31:53 UTC

Cassandra Connection Pooling

Hi, I'm looking for some good info on connection pooling, using JBoss.  Is this something that needs to be configured within JBoss, or is it handled directly by the Cassandra classes themselves?  Thanks.

Bill

Re: Cassandra Connection Pooling

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@thelastpickle.com>.
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 4:31 PM, KAMM, BILL <wk...@att.com> wrote:

> Hi, I’m looking for some good info on connection pooling, using JBoss.  Is
> this something that needs to be configured within JBoss, or is it handled
> directly by the Cassandra classes themselves?  Thanks.

This thread was on the Java-Driver list recently - it may answer some of
your questions:
https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/m/#!topic/java-driver-user/-im4eN_yZbA

--
-----------------
Nate McCall

Co-Founder & Sr. Technical Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Re: Cassandra Connection Pooling

Posted by Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com>.
It's typically handled by your client (e.g.
https://docs.datastax.com/en/latest-java-driver/index.html) along with
retries, timeouts and all the other things you would put in your datasource
config for a SQL database in JBoss.