Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "La Motta, David" <Da...@netapp.com> on 2013/05/31 19:49:07 UTC

4.2 snapshot: Instance creation fails

I'm starting a new thread, since the secondary storage woes seem to be resolved, the culprit being secstorage.allowed.internal.sites and lack of MS / XS / SSVM reboots.  The ISOs have been downloaded, which means the SSVM is alive and kicking.

…however, when I attempt to create an instance, it fails with the most prominent error being:

  1.
Unable to access a required file in the specified repository: file:///tmp/cdrom-repo-S_cLsw/install/vmlinuz.

You can check out the entire trace at http://pastebin.com/seL2rh46

Thanks for all your help so far, everybody  :-)

David La Motta
Technical Marketing Engineer
Citrix Solutions

NetApp
919.476.5042
dlamotta@netapp.com<ma...@netapp.com>

Re: 4.2 snapshot: Instance creation fails

Posted by "La Motta, David" <Da...@netapp.com>.
So, Ubuntu 12.04.1 failed, Fedora 10 failed, Windows 7 failed… but wait, CentOS 6.0 did not!

Ubuntu 12.04.1 and Windows 7 failed because I am running in an entirely virtualized environment, so my virtual XenServer doesn't have HVM.  Fedora 10 failed because XS 6.1 doesn't like it.  And, finally, since the virtual XS can only run "fully paravirtualized operating systems such as some versions of Linux", such as CentOS, that is the reason why that VM was spun without any problems.  My luck, I just had to try CentOS last  ;-)

In the upcoming weeks I should be able to go through this exercise again with physical machines, but for now I am going to be happy CentOS is up and running in CloudStack 4.2

THANKS again, to everybody that helped.  This really is one of the most vibrant communities I have seen in recent times.