Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Vamsi Krishna <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/28 11:15:52 UTC

dropping Phoenix local index is not dropping the local index table in HBase

Team,

I'm using HDP 2.3.2 (HBase : 1.1.2, Phoenix : 4.4.0).
*Question: *Dropping Phoenix local index is not dropping the local index
table in HBase. Can someone explain why?

Phoenix:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS VAMSI.TABLE_B (COL1 VARCHAR(36) , COL2
VARCHAR(36) , COL3 VARCHAR(36) CONSTRAINT TABLE_B_PK PRIMARY KEY (COL1))
COMPRESSION='SNAPPY', SALT_BUCKETS=5;
CREATE LOCAL INDEX IF NOT EXISTS IDX_TABLE_A_COL2 ON VAMSI.TABLE_A (COL2);
DROP INDEX IF EXISTS IDX_TABLE_A_COL2 ON VAMSI.TABLE_A;

hbase(main):012:0> list '_LOCAL.*'
TABLE
_LOCAL_IDX_VAMSI.TABLE_A

Thanks,
Vamsi Attluri
--
Vamsi Attluri

Re: dropping Phoenix local index is not dropping the local index table in HBase

Posted by Vamsi Krishna <va...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rajeshbabu.

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.