Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2013/08/01 01:23:14 UTC

[ACS42][Request] CLOUDSTACK-1191

Hi,

I'd like to request a cherry-pick for
b611394cca1bfb3e655212701562ca8b24a61034 into 4.2

This RBD code should have already been in there, but I completely forgot
to do so.

It changes code how the KVM Agent handles the RBD integration and it
will enable snapshotting for RBD.

Some time ago I layed the groundwork for this with
bef3a2edb7f23035a7d397d2d68caf6cecc0f497 with the intention to merge
this code in earlier.

The problem is that without this new commit the RBD code will already in
4.2 will become a problem since it creates RBD images in two different
formats which will cause problems on the longer run.

This is part of CLOUDSTACK-1191

Wido

RE: [ACS42][Request] CLOUDSTACK-1191

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

[Animesh>] Wido thanks for bringing it to the list. You are a committer and until the RC date you can check-in blocker and critical issues. If this fix is critical for RBD support in 4.2 you can check it in. Let's just wait to see if there are any objections.