Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by tomstark <to...@polycom.com> on 2014/01/15 01:07:02 UTC

wadl2java generates invalid method names

I have a particular wadl that has a method that has multiple representations
(different versions of the same object).  Using the -supportMultipleXmlReps,
produces method names that have invalid characters in the name.  The
representations in the wadl are something like this:

application.vnd.myvnd.some-object+xml
application.vnd.myvnd.some-object-v2+xml

The resulting method names are generated with "some-object" and
"some-object-v2" as part of the method name.

Tested this on wadl2java v2.5.2 and 2.7.8.

Similar to issue  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4932
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4932>   but has to do with method
names, not parameters.

Re: wadl2java generates invalid method names

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 16/01/14 09:51, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> May be you meant you have an attribute like element="somens:my-object" ?
> That can affect it when we have multiple xml representations
I've fixed this specific issue - try the latest snapshots in a day or
so, if however the issue you are facing is somewhere else then please
create a new JIRA issue

Sergey

> Cheers, Sergey
>
> On 16/01/14 09:27, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>> On 16/01/14 00:24, tomstark wrote:
>>> Update:  It's not like the bug mentioned in the previous post since it
>>> doesn't have anything to do with a collision with java reserved names
>>> but
>>> requires the same substitution for method names that are generated
>>> based on
>>> multiple representations.
>>
>> I can not keep guessing what combination is causing the issue :-). Why
>> don't you create a JIRA issue and type a WADL fragment which is causing
>> an issue, or type it here, it does not have to be the same as you
>> actually use,
>>
>> Sergey
>>

>>> --

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: wadl2java generates invalid method names

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Can you type a sample fragment ?

I've added

<method name="POST" id="addBookOrBook2ComplexMediaTypes">
                     <request>
                         <representation
mediaType="application.vnd.myvnd.some-object+xml"
element="prefix1:thebook"/>
                         <representation
mediaType="application.vnd.myvnd.some-object-v2+xml"
element="prefix1:theBook2"/>
                         <representation mediaType="application/json"/>
                     </request>
                     <response status="201"/>
                 </method>

to a test WADL and all is generated correctly with a
supportMultipleXmlReps option.

Sergey