Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2013/04/05 14:51:20 UTC

[Discuss] Remove DOSGi single bundle distro for 1.5.0

Currently it is a lot of effort to upgrade the DOSGi distro to new CXF
versions.

We have to do a manual upgrade of possibly all dependencies for:
- single bundle distro pom
- multi bundle distro pom
- multi bundle distro distro_bundles.xml

As on the cxf side the cxf single bundle distribution is kind of
deprecated I would like to remove the single bundle distro from DOSGi.
The advantage is that one big manual step in the upgrade process to new
cxf releases will be removed. Also the testing will become easier as we
currently have to do the tests on single bundle and mutli bundle.

Apart from the deployment this should have no big effect on user
installations as there is still the cxf compat bundle that allows
applications to do require bundle.

Btw. I plan to do some more steps to make it easier to keep up with
current cxf releases. I will describe in some more mails.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [Discuss] Remove DOSGi single bundle distro for 1.5.0

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I certainly have no problem with this.  Anything to make it a little easier to do releases is likely a good thing.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp