Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Stranathan <sh...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/07 18:01:05 UTC

Turning off jsessionid on URL?

Is there a configuration parameter to ONLY send the jsessionid by
cookie, not on the URL bar?

Picture this, user goes to your site http://www.yoursite.com/yourapp
yoursite redirects to the menu page, which gives a jsessionid.  That
page is under an auth-constraint and requires login, so you get
displayed the login page, but the URL you've been redirected to
includes the jsessionid - like:
http://www.yoursite.com/yourapp/Menu.do;jessionid=D2DC09EB64CBC7690BCEA68CA484B4C3
User wants to share the site with their friends, so they copy/paste
from the URL bar.  Then they log in - their session is now logged in,
AND they have the same session ID.

And yes, this does work - I'm able to copy/paste between different
browsers (exploder and firefox) and the session works fine.

Is there a way to turn that feature off?

Re: Turning off jsessionid on URL?

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
See my question about two weeks ago on how to detect jsessionid in the
URL. Looks like it is not directly possible, but you can use our own
request parameter to find this out. After you detect that jsessionid
is in the URL (the harder part), make another redirect to the same
location, and URL will come clean.

Michael.

Posted by William Stranathan <sh...@gmail.com>.
I only sent the message once.  I apologize for any inconvenience, but
I wonder if gmail and/or ezmlm are having issues today - I've received
the welcome message from ezmlm four times now.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Re: control ports on windows

Posted by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>.
On Thursday 07 July 2005 17:25, Tony Smith wrote:
> Hi, I am running Tomcat 5.0 on Windows. But what I
> want to do it not link to Tomcat. I would like to know
> how to  control all those ports. For example, I would
> like to open 8080 but close 8089, etc...
>

> Thanks,

1) Don't hijack someone elses thread for your self (you even seemed to have
asked the writer of the original thread directly rather than the list)

2) Be a bit clearer in what you are asking.  What does "what I want to do it
[is?] not link to Tomcat" mean?  In particular what is the rather ambiguous
word "link" meant to mean? Are you talking about connecting another web
server, and if so which one?

3) Tell us what you have done to try and figure it out for yourself - Hint:
have you looked at server.xml?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk