Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Skladov, Victor" <Sk...@his.de> on 2001/11/13 13:56:45 UTC

XSP+XSL->TEX->PDF?

Hi!

How can I tell Cocoon2 to perform different steps?
For example:
1. To create a TEX file from XSP+XSL (XSP and Tex-XSL are available)
2. To create a PDF file from the TEX document?

Would be grateful for any ideas, I've been searchin desperate for
examples  for hours....

Regards,
Viktor

Re: XSP+XSL->TEX->PDF?

Posted by Adrian Geissel <ag...@zenark.com>.
Hi Victor,

I believe that you biggest hurdle is performing the second stage  - as you
need to transformation needs to take TEX input and deliver PDF output, which
is beyond the remit of the Cocoon framework (intermediates are XML).

Have you considered using xsl:fo during your content rendering, ie. instead
of using Tex-XSL, using FOP (formatting objects for PDF) which allows you to
generated to PDF directly.

Your pipeline would then look something like:

<map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="my-doc.pdf">
      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="my-doc.xsp"/>
      <map:transform src="xsp2fop.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize type="pdf"/>
    </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

You will need to provide the 'xsp2fop.xsl' stylesheet, as this defines how
your XML output from 'my-doc.xsp' should be presented. The other components
are standard in the Cocoon distribution.

I hope that this helps some
Adrian