Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/18 20:03:39 UTC

Policy for new committers to podlings

I'm embarrassed to report that I'm feeling a bit foggy on the new
committer policy, and a quick tour with google failed to find it on a
web page. We're long on pages about initial podling setup, and not so
long on others.

So, if a podling has held a vote for a new contributor, what exactly
happens next? And what web page should I have read this on, and if it
is actually missing, I'll go put it someplace.

Re: Policy for new committers to podlings

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Benson Margulies
<bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm embarrassed to report that I'm feeling a bit foggy on the new
> committer policy, and a quick tour with google failed to find it on a
> web page. We're long on pages about initial podling setup, and not so
> long on others.
>
> So, if a podling has held a vote for a new contributor, what exactly
> happens next? And what web page should I have read this on, and if it
> is actually missing, I'll go put it someplace.

is this what you're looking for?
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html (See "Voting in a new
committer")

Re: Policy for new committers to podlings

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, thank you both. Every so often maxwel's daemon sends all the
google results to the wrong side of the internet for me.

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.