Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/03/11 17:42:21 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Hi,

I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.

If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
*draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the IPMC
for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the Apache
Board of Directors.

Please vote:

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
[ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
[ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator

This vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.

-chip

[1] http://markmail.org/message/3nluchj5q5waguws
[2] http://markmail.org/message/elpamwxaytvpnxri

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Parth Jagirdar <Pa...@citrix.com>.
+1

Thanks,
.. Parth

Posted by Sangeetha Hariharan <Sa...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vi...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
+1

--
NS

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
+1

On Mar 11, 2013, at 9:42 AM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
> Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
> result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
> govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
> follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.
>
> If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
> *draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the IPMC
> for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the Apache
> Board of Directors.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator
>
> This vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/3nluchj5q5waguws
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/elpamwxaytvpnxri

o: 415.315.9385
@johnlkinsella

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Sateesh Chodapuneedi <sa...@citrix.com>.
+1

Regards,
Sateesh

Posted by Saksham Srivastava <sa...@citrix.com>.
+1
Saksham

Posted by George Reese <ge...@enstratius.com>.
+1

Posted by "Kelcey Damage (BT)" <ke...@backbonetechnology.com>.
+1

KELCEY DAMAGE
Infrastructure Systems Architect
www.backbonetechnology.com
kelcey@backbonetechnology.com

address: 55 East 7th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5T 1M4
tel: +1 604 713 8560 ext:114
fax: +1 604 605 0964
skype: kelcey.damage

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013, at 10:42 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
> Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
> result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
> govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
> follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.
>
> If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
> *draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the
> IPMC
> for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the
> Apache
> Board of Directors.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator

+1 (binding) from me. And kudos to everyone who's worked so hard to get
to this point!

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Will Chan <wi...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
+1

<ch...@sungard.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
> Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
> result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
> govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
> follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.
>
> If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
> *draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the
> IPMC
> for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the
> Apache
> Board of Directors.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator
>
> This vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/3nluchj5q5waguws
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/elpamwxaytvpnxri

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Phong Nguyen <pn...@gilt.com>.
+1

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
+1

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
+1

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

On 12/03/2013, at 3:42 AM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
> Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
> result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
> govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
> follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.
>
> If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
> *draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the IPMC
> for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the Apache
> Board of Directors.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator
>
> This vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/3nluchj5q5waguws
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/elpamwxaytvpnxri

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Hari Kannan <ha...@citrix.com>.
+1

Way to go!!!

Posted by Deepti Dohare <de...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Go Chiba <go...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
> Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
> result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
> govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
> follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.
>
> If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
> *draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the
> IPMC
> for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the
> Apache
> Board of Directors.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator
>
> This vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/3nluchj5q5waguws
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/elpamwxaytvpnxri

--
千葉 豪  Go Chiba
E-mail:go.chiba@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Devdeep Singh <de...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Francois Gaudreault <fg...@cloudops.com>.
+1

On 2013-03-11 12:42 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
> Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
> result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
> govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
> follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.
>
> If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
> *draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the IPMC
> for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the Apache
> Board of Directors.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator
>
> This vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/3nluchj5q5waguws
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/elpamwxaytvpnxri

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:12:21PM +0530, Chip Childers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
> Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
> result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
> govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
> follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.
>
> If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
> *draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the IPMC
> for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the Apache
> Board of Directors.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
> [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator
>
> This vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/3nluchj5q5waguws
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/elpamwxaytvpnxri

+1

--
Prasanna.,

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Nguyen Anh Tu <ng...@gmail.com>.
+1. Like it!

2013/3/12 Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>

> +1
>
> On 11-Mar-2013, at 10:13 PM, "Chip Childers" <ch...@sungard.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to invite the CloudStack community to vote on whether
> > Apache CloudStack is ready to graduate to top-level project status. The
> > result of this vote will demonstrate whether the community is willing to
> > govern itself (which is a required step for graduation). This is a
> > follow-up from our previous DISCUSS thread [1] on the topic.
> >
> > If the community votes to graduate, we will take the previously discussed
> > *draft* board resolution [2] (after finalizing names and numbers) to the
> IPMC
> > for a vote, asking them to recommend graduation of our project to the
> Apache
> > Board of Directors.
> >
> > Please vote:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Graduate Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> > [ ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Apache CloudStack
> > [ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache CloudStack from Incubator
> >
> > This vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
> >
> > -chip
> >
> > [1] http://markmail.org/message/3nluchj5q5waguws
> > [2] http://markmail.org/message/elpamwxaytvpnxri

--

N.g.U.y.e.N.A.n.H.t.U

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Sanjay Tripathi <sa...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Kimihiko Kitase <Ki...@citrix.co.jp>.
+1

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Donal Lafferty
<do...@citrix.com>wrote:

> +1, I think we've reached 'escaped velocity'.

- Mohammad Nour
----
- Albert Einstein

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Chip Childers
<ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
> The vote is now closed and has passed.  I will start the IPMC vote on
> general@i.a.o now.  Thanks to everyone for their expression of support
> for our community!

IPMC vote running now:
http://markmail.org/message/5v4znxvilfngvna3#query:+page:1+mid:5v4znxvilfngvna3+state:results

[VOTE][RESULT] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
The vote is now closed and has passed.  I will start the IPMC vote on
general@i.a.o now.  Thanks to everyone for their expression of support
for our community!

Results:

+1: 55
+0: none
-1: none

The following individuals have voted +1:

 Mohammad Nour El-Din (IPMC/mentor)
 Noah Slater (IPMC/mentor)
 Alex Karasulu (IPMC/mentor)
 Brett Porter (IPMC/mentor)
 Animesh Chaturvedi
 Sudha Ponnaganti
 Pranav Saxena
 Joe Brockmeier (PPMC)
 David Nalley (PPMC)
 Rohit Yadav
 Kelcey Damage
 Sateesh Chodapuneedi
 Will Chan (PPMC)
 Edison Su (PPMC)
 Brian Federle
 Marcus Sorensen (PPMC)
 Jessica Wang
 Vijayendra Bhamidipati
 Ahmad Emneina
 Parth Jagirdar
 Sangeetha Hariharan
 Francois Gaudreault
 John Kinsella (PPMC)
 Mike Tutkowski
 Wido den Hollander (PPMC)
 Alex Huang (PPMC)
 Chandan Purushothama
 Sebastien Goasguen (PPMC)
 Phong Nguyen
 Kevin Kluge (PPMC)
 Chiradeep Vittal (PPMC)
 Kishan Kavala
 Nguyen Anh Tu
 Hari Kannan
 Manan Shah
 Koushik Das
 Devdeep Singh
 Sailaja Mada
 Rajesh Battala
 Abhinandan Prateek
 Hugo Trippaers (PPMC)
 Abhinav Roy
 Ilya Musayev
 Simon Weller
 Srikanteswararao Talluri
 Donal Lafferty
 Kimihiko Kitase
 Prasanna Santhanam
 Sanjay Tripathi
 Deepti Dohare
 Go Chiba
 Simon Waterhouse
 Alena Prokharchyk
 George Reese
 Saksham Srivastava

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Apache CloudStack from the Incubator

Posted by Abhinav Roy <ab...@citrix.com>.
+1

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
+1