Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan julius <rj...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/10/26 23:36:28 UTC

Message to a remote Server

Hi,
I am discovering struts and it is a great pleasure to use it in my Web Applications.

I have written a struts based application. It is deployed on a local server on port 8955 (http://localhost:8955/myContextApp/)

>From this struts application, I would like to send a notification (XmlStringNotification) to a remote security server on port 8638 (http://www.remoteServer.org:8638)

How should I write my action mapping and class in order to send the notification to the remote server.

This is very critical to my application so a help is welcome.
Thanks.

---------------------------------
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !

Problems with nested:form

Posted by Lucas Gonzalez Pearson <lu...@convergia.com.ar>.
Hi..

I´m not exactly what the problem is, but I´ll try to explain it to see if
anyone can help me out...

we have this on a jsp:
    <nested:form action="CustomerCrud2" onsubmit="return
validateCustomerCrud2(this)">

and this is the action mapping in struts-config:
    <action path="/CustomerCrud2"

type="com.convergia.laos.customer.struts.action.CustomerCrudAction"
            name="CustomerCrud"
            attribute="CustomerCrud"
            scope="session"
            input="customerCrud2Def">
    </action>

The problem is with the attribute parameter. If it is "CustomerCrud"
validation works properly, but I don´t seem to be able to retrieve the
form-bean in the execute method.
If I change attribute to "CustomerCrud2" then the action finds the form-bean
properly, but validation does not works .

Any ideas of what could this be?

Thanks a ton!
Lucas

Re: Message to a remote Server

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Ryan julius" <rj...@yahoo.fr>
> I have written a struts based application. It is deployed on a local
server on port 8955
> From this struts application, I would like to send a notification
(XmlStringNotification)
> to a remote security server on port 8638
> How should I write my action mapping and class in order to send the
notification
> to the remote server.

This doesn't seem to be a Struts question... IOW, you'd do it the same way
you'd do it if you weren't using Struts.  Does the remote Server expect an
HTTP Request?  If so, Jakarta Commons HttpClient might be of use.  Google
has no results for "XmlStringNotification" so I assume it's some
internal/proprietary thing.  I would advise writing a 'helper' class to
actually send the message, and then just call a method in that class from
your Action, passing only the 'message' to it and so hiding all details from
your Action.

--
Wendy Smoak