Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Antal Koczka <an...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/25 17:25:37 UTC

AXIS1.1 vs GB2132 (xml encoding)

Hello,

Could you pls help me out in this, I was not able to find the precise
answer.

Does AXIS1.1 support SOAP messages where XML is encoded in Chinese (GB2132)?
What is necessary to make this happen?

Best Regards and Thanks in advance,

Toncsi

Re: AXIS1.1 vs GB2132 (xml encoding)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Antal Koczka wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you pls help me out in this, I was not able to find the precise
> answer.
>
> Does AXIS1.1 support SOAP messages where XML is encoded in Chinese
> (GB2132)?
> What is necessary to make this happen?

no. its not part of the SOAP spec. There is no guarantee that the
destination would handle it.

Axis does support UTF-16 unicode.

[FYI] WSM is now using JSR 181 ED

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
Hi all,

Last February, I announced Web Services Metadata for Axis at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=107598549408981&w=2 . I'm very
glad that now WSM is supporting JSRE 181 Web Services Metadata (early draft
review) with Tiger beta 2, which was just released. For more details,
please refer to readme.txt of wsm module at the latest CVS described at
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=93657 .

Thanks,

Ias

[FYI] WSM is now using JSR 181 ED