Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Andy Kent <An...@forward.co.uk> on 2010/02/19 15:17:59 UTC

Thrift Server Error Messages

When executing commands on the hive command line it give really useful output if you have syntax errors in your query. When using the Thrift interface I seem to only be able to get errors like 'Error code: 11'.

Is there a way to get at the human friendly error messages via the thrift interface?
If not, is there a list of the thrift error codes and what they mean anywhere?

If it's not available it would really great if this could be exposed via thrift.

Thanks,
Andy.

Re: Thrift Server Error Messages

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.
Can you open a JIRA and help propose some concrete design of the change?
That will help make it faster to have this feature.

Thanks,
Zheng

--
Yours,