Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 02:11:27 UTC

Building Tapestry from Source

Tapestry devs,

I need your help...

Prompted by recent questions on the mailing list, I have created a new
article in the Tapestry documentation called "Building Tapestry from
Source":

    http://tapestry.apache.org/building-tapestry-from-source.html

(It might take an hour or two to show up at that URL.)

The information there is very tentative and, in some places, probably
flat-out wrong. I'd love some input here from people more familiar
experienced IntelliJ and Git and building Tapestry than I have. On the
issue of Git flow and whether to do feature branches, discussions in
recent months on the mailing lists have seemed inconclusive, so any
recommendations there would be especially helpful. Tips,
recommendations, strong opinions, anything.

Thanks!

Re: Building Tapestry from Source

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Changed made. Thanks, guys!

It's still a pretty sketchy article, though... all
comments/thoughts/suggestions are welcome

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by trsvax <tr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Very useful for getting started. Whatever compiler problem I was having the
other day just went away and I can build now.

I'm going to attempt submitting a patch for TAP-2006.

I'm far from a git expert but should

git branch TAP5-123 origin/trunk

be

git branch TAP5-123 origin/master