Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@spam-box.de> on 2006/02/24 21:45:38 UTC

AddFooter feature request

Maybe its possible to add support for adding a footer to more
content-Type like Multipart-Signed. I dried it but is always corupt the
signature :-(

bye

Re: AddFooter feature request

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Maybe its possible to add support for adding a footer to more
> content-Type like Multipart-Signed. I dried it but is always corupt the
> signature :-(

I'm working on a few tests for the AddFooter (maybe I've found a
solution that works with no dependencies on the system encoding properties).

I currently have problems with non-7bit footers (if the footer is in a
charset different from the incoming message we should convert to
unicode: this is not easy to "automate"). I will probably put a comment
on the AddFooter suggesting to use 7bit footers.

Please add you Multipart/Signed request to the JIRA issue and provide
more informations on the way you want it to work.

Please note that if you add a footer to a signed mail you invalidate the
signature! (the purpose of the signature is to grant that that very
content has been sent by that very sender).

Stefano

Re: AddFooter feature request

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@spam-box.de>.
Hmm never thought about it.. Your right.. But there are a few more
content types wich can be supported.. I just test Content-Type:
multipart/related and it seems there is no problem to process it like
done for multipart/alternative.

Or im wrong ? I test it no for a few hours and it seems to work..

bye