Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/30 22:06:06 UTC

can ambari use a different location for yum repo config?

Hi,

Ambari generates ambari.repo in /etc/yum.repos.d. However, our environment
deletes it. Can I make ambari to use a specified folder to avoid being
deleted? Appreciate any clue.

Re: can ambari use a different location for yum repo config?

Posted by Nate Cole <nc...@apache.org>.
You would have to customize the bootstrap.py file to specify the directory you want.  It is not parameterized at this time.

If you want to take that on as an enhancement, that would be great.

Thanks,

Nate

From: Aaron Bossert <aa...@punchcyber.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 7:23 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <us...@ambari.apache.org>
Subject: Re: can ambari use a different location for yum repo config?

I’m not sure how to set that in a blueprint, but it is different from just specifying a different location.  The satellite/spacewalk option is referring to a Redhat managed repository, so in effect, you are telling Ambari to completely leave the repos to you

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 30, 2018, at 18:54, Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Aaron.

I am using ambari blueprint to automate hadoop installation. I have already made ambari.repo point to my private yum repo server. I guess this is the same as the UI operation you mentioned. The problem is that ambari.repo is deleted in my environment. So I want to know how to avoid ambari.repo deletion by putting it in a folder other than /etc/yum.repos.d. Hope this is clear. Thanks.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 3:48 PM Aaron Bossert <aa...@punchcyber.com> wrote:

When you first set up the cluster, you can specify all the repo locations...there is a checkbox that is called spacewalk or satellite...something like that...essentially, that will force ambari to look wherever you put the repo files...but bear in mind, that checkbox will mean that you need to manually place the repo files...

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Aaron Bossert <aa...@punchcyber.com>.

Posted by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Aaron.