Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Suman.Patro-TRN" <Su...@lntebg.com> on 2015/10/02 07:01:49 UTC

regarding communication patterns

Hello,
               Is Request/ reply pattern available in qpid 0.34?
               Kindly reply.
Thanks and regards,
Suman
Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

RE: regarding communication patterns

Posted by "Suman.Patro-TRN" <Su...@lntebg.com>.
Thank you so much, Gordon.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Suman.Patro-TRN" <Su...@lntebg.com>.
Thank you so much Gordon. Your help is highly appreciated as I had no idea about the AMQP 1.0 feature.
There are certain other ambiguities that I would like to get cleared upon:
1.Persistence : In rabbitmq ,it is built- in whereas in Qpid, an additional plugin is required. Is this true?
2.Routing is available in Rabbitmq but not in Qpid.  Can you Justify?
3.Security in RabbitMQ vs Qpid,  difference in approaches that you might have countered .Which one being more secure?
The above queries are with respect to current versions of Rabbitmq and qpid C++ broker.
Thanks and regards,
Suman
Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Suman.Patro-TRN" <Su...@lntebg.com>.
Thanks Gordon... but I would like to know the speed of request reply pattern in Qpid in comparison to YAMI4  broker(wire- level protocol based) , mosquitto broker(mqtt based), rabbit mq(amqp based, zeromq(brokerless solution)
Thank  and regards,
Suman

On 10/02/2015 06:01 AM, Suman.Patro-TRN wrote:
>                 Is Request/ reply pattern available in qpid 0.34?

Yes. Essentially you set a reply-to address to which the 'server' will respond. What client are you using? There may be an example for that already.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.