Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2015/09/23 15:39:11 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC1

The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC1, the first release candidate for the Apache Kerby™
project

Apache Kerby™ is a Java Kerberos binding. It provides a rich, intuitive
and interoperable implementation, library, KDC and various facilities
that integrates PKI, OTP and token (OAuth2) as desired in modern
environments such as cloud, Hadoop and mobile.

You can read more about Apache Kerby™ at
http://directory.apache.org/kerby
<http://directory.apache.org/mavibot>

You can download the latest sources package at :
http://directory.apache.org/kerby/downloads.html
<http://directory.apache.org/mavibot/downloads.html>

Thank You!

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC1

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Glad we get this done finally. Thanks Emmanuel, Jiajia and all for getting through this! It’s not easy at all considering we’re all so busy. ☺

Best regards,
Kai

www.iktek.com<http://www.iktek.com>

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kerby™ 1.0.0-RC1

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi all,

With the 1st release done, I thought it may be good to consider and give a roadmap on the project web site, so potential users may learn about what will be coming in medium term and long term, in addition to what’s already in.

Some major items just come in the mind:

1.       Anonymous PKINIT;

2.       Complete PKINIT;

3.       Cross-realm support;

4.       Change password protocol and client tool;

5.       Native service wrapper and installation for Kerby KDC (Linux)

6.       Management console for Kerby KDC

Anything more and how to prioritize them? Thanks.

Regards,
Kai