Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by ol...@gmx.de on 2010/10/15 12:15:31 UTC

AW: [RESULT] Retire Muse and WSIF to the Attic

Hi all,

Since we are using Muse for some of our projects, we would also be interested to keep the project alive.
Of course, it is our responsibility as a community to contribute patches, enhancements and documentation,
and I would try to take this responsibility more seriously in future. At least we should be able to fix the bugs
currently planned in the JIRA for version  2.3.0.

I would spend some effort in fixing my own bugs (MUSE-203/262/ 311) and submitting patches for it and would also
volunteer to take my chance on one or two of the high rated bugs (MUSE-233/228/219/213). If there is some interest
of others to keep the project alive, I guess this is our last chance.

However, I am not aware if there is somebody that reviews the patches submitted and includes them into the
trunk. Moreover, specific tasks as MUSE-203 would also require some support of one of the (active) committers,
since some artifacts such as the latest axis release (binary) are deployed at http://ws.apache.org/muse/lib and
upgrading this can not be easily handled with patches.

Perhaps we should give it a try if there is still interest from others and we see the chance to get maintenance
and development active again. If there is no activity until end of the year, Muse should be hibernated.

Best regards,
Oliver