Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Shahed Ali <sh...@enoor.com> on 2000/12/12 22:37:37 UTC

Fw: Apache SOAP 2.0 w/Tomcat 3.2

-----Original Message-----
From: Shahed Ali <sh...@enoor.com>
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 3:36 PM
Subject: Apache SOAP 2.0 w/Tomcat 3.2

Hi,

I know that this must have come up before, but can any one tell me if
I can safely run Tomcat 3.2 with Apache SOAP 2.0 (latest version)

I remember postings in the dev list talking about class loader problems
when it came to loading the XML parsing classes used by Tomcat Vs Apache Soap.

Is there something that I need to look at, or is the installation pretty straight forward ?

Thanks
Shahed

Re: Fw: Apache SOAP 2.0 w/Tomcat 3.2

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.

I have it working with Tomcat3.2.1B (on Win2K and Linux RH6.2) with the addition of
openxml-1.2.jar in the ext directory. No luck with Tomcat3.2. It seems to have conflicts
between Xerces, Jaxp and XML4J somewhere. I could post the openxml.jar if/when anyone wants it!
Tomcat3.2.1B has been very, very stable for me and it also handles the CLASSPATH correctly on
Win2K (-: I use it with an Apache frontend on both systems, on Linux it also does the SSL work
where I do any SSL related testing
Regards - George

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.