Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Rene Guenther <re...@innflow.com> on 2009/03/30 23:18:48 UTC

log4j keeps on logging all message types

Hello,

I set up my log4j.properties so it only logs error and sometimes warnings. I
know for sure because if I search in log4j.properties for DEBUG or INFO the
editor doesnt find anything. And I am sure that this file is used because it
sends me error messages to the adress specified in that log4j.properties
file.

Eg. one setting is:
log4j.logger.javax.faces=ERROR

And in my log file I find:
DEBUG http-80-Processor23 javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag - Entered
encodeBegin for client-Id: welcome2

Anyone can give me hint how to solve that problem?

Every request produces 10KB of logged information :-(

Cheers
René

Re: log4j keeps on logging all message types

Posted by Rene Guenther <re...@innflow.com>.
Argh! :rules:

Thanks for the hint!

Rene

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
There is no such Level as "WARNING".  Try...

log4j.category.net.sf.acegisecurity=WARN

Jake