Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2010/10/14 09:58:39 UTC

Advice wether to use workflow engine

I'm new to ofbiz developing just a week or so ago.
I need to change the order flows and customize it.
what's the best to use? workflow engine and using xpdl? or using eeca and
seca?
I have no experience in using workflows or xpdl so I'll have to learn them
first and I dont have plenty of time
I have made very simple examples using eeca and seca.
I'll give more explanation about what I want to do
For example I want the order to pass 2 approve stages not one I want the
order to be approved by the accountant and then the manager.
i.e I want to change in the stage of the order add new stages make some
stage available only under certain condition.
I read in documenation that eeca and seca are better is this true in my case
or i'll have to study xpdl and workflows to do that?
I'd be grateful for any help

Re: Advice wether to use workflow engine

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
XPDPL files are not used unless you introduce Shark in the picture. In other works, no worries about them

Jacques

From: "Shereen" <sh...@hotmail.com>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
orderProcessXPDL.xml has not effect on orders.
However the ECA do.
take a look at secas.xml
and  look at the
SalesOrderDemoData.xml
OrderTypeData.xml
the part that needs to have certain roles to change status will be a
customization.
The Same goes for Security permissions.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Shereen sent the following on 10/20/2010 6:49 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the code itself is best way.
Using the webtools for entities is also helpful.
also keeping track of the commits that may effect the code you are
working with.
Feel free to write up any of your findings in the wiki for future users.

=========================

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Honestly, if you have not much time ahead, forget about workflow in OFBiz (as it's clearly explained in the link)

As said BJ, you need to add new validation steps. and then using ECA should be ok

Jacques

From: "Shereen" <sh...@hotmail.com>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I apologize if my suggestion was not clear.
you need to follow the current order flow you will see that it uses
statuses.
you need to expand on that per my previous email.

Posted by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.