Posted to builds@apache.org by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com> on 2010/08/29 22:58:01 UTC

proper hudson configuration for projects?

For the moment it appears I can only get our Shindig Hudson builds running
reliably on ubuntu2.  Alas, that box is overloaded with jobs.  I tried the
following:

* Remove ubuntu2 host declaration.  Hudson tried to use ubuntu1 which
appears broken
* Add !ubuntu1 -- Hudson tried to run on one of the hadoop nodes but it
appears it can't use maven 2.2.1

So for now I'm back to ubuntu2

Any help would be appreciated, or pointers on how I can help improve the
situation. Thanks!

--
Paul Lindner -- plindner@linkedin.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner

Re: proper hudson configuration for projects?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com> wrote:
> For the moment it appears I can only get our Shindig Hudson builds running
> reliably on ubuntu2.  Alas, that box is overloaded with jobs.  I tried the
> following:
>
> * Remove ubuntu2 host declaration.  Hudson tried to use ubuntu1 which
> appears broken

Looks like there was a problem with the slave. I've restarted it,
could you please try again?

> * Add !ubuntu1 -- Hudson tried to run on one of the hadoop nodes but it
> appears it can't use maven 2.2.1

The build should not run on any of the hadoop nodes, looks like that
might be a bug in the Hudson label resolution code.

Anyways, assuming this is a regular Maven build with no other prereqs,
you should be able to build on either Solaris nodes or one of the
Ubuntu ones. So, perhaps try the label "Ubuntu || Solaris", or try not
tying the job at all.

/niklas