Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2013/07/11 17:41:37 UTC

RO spec versions...

Hi Bhargav,

Just wanted to check in with you on something.

Today Dimuthu hit an issue which was that he was running his Android viewer
against the RO interface from a quite old version of the archetype.  As
such, he was seeing a bunch of inconsistencies in the JSON being served up.
 On "http://localhost:8080/restful/version" it reported being specVer =
v0.52, which I think means it was a version of the app from Isis 1.0.0,
approx Jan 2013 timeframe.

I just did a screenshare with him and we got him working directly against
the git master branch, in Eclipse, so now he's developing against the
latest-n-greatest.

Anyway,... on Tue evening you and I did a screenshare also, didn't we?  We
got your Javascript stuff running in Eclipse also, but as I recall that
against the generated app from the archetype.  I think that was probably
Isis 1.2.0, May 2013.

While that is *probably* ok for you, it might also be a good idea to see
how to run against git master also, so you too can develop against the
latest-n-greatest.

Let me know when suits, and we can do a screenshare to make sure you are
set.

Thx
Dan

Re: RO spec versions...

Posted by Bhargav Golla <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan

I checked my ISIS version. It is specVersion: "1.0.0", implVersion:
"2.0.0". We can do the screenshare whenever you can tonight and fix this
issue.

Thanks for the heads up

Bhargav Golla
Developer. Freelancer.