Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/01 15:16:43 UTC

Re: Anakia

On 31 December 2017 at 08:45, jmeter tea <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to know what are the future improvement regarding Anakia,
>
> Anakia subproject has been archived and are no longer maintained,

So long as it still works, that is not necessarily a problem.
Especially since Anakia is only used a build time, not run-time.

> It was removed from latest velocity code and incompatible with latest
> commons collections.
>
> Should Anakia project be fixed or is there a different tool for
> handling documentations?

What problem are you trying to solve?

Re: Anakia

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am Dienstag, den 06.03.2018, 14:52 +0200 schrieb Jmeter Tea:

> > What problem are you trying to solve?
> I wanted to add velocity 2 jar to JMeter in order to use it as
> another
> JSR223 language.
> Currently JMeter have version 1.7 for documentation and I thought it
> can be
> upgraded

Have you checked, whether it can be updated? Are there any problems?
The jars are used only at compile time. I believe they could be dropped
from the binary release. (But I haven't tried it)

Anakia is currently used to generate the offline version, which is used
by the internal help browser of JMeter. That internal browser has very
limited capabilities in respect to modern HTML/CSS.

The web page is generated using xslt and modern HTML/CSS features.

Last time the generating was discussed it was pointed out, that we had
more expertise in Anakia than in complex xslt. I wonder if that is
still true or even a switch to markdown-variants would be
doable/agreeable.

Markdown would lower the barrier to entry for documentation writers as
it has less syntax constraints. But I haven't looked into the
generating side, e.g. how easy it would be to change to look of the
generate.

To wrap it up. I think the print version should get some love, but
before anyone invests a great amount of time on replacing the
generation process, it should be discussed on this list.

Regards,
 Felix

Re: Anakia

Posted by Jmeter Tea <jm...@gmail.com>.