Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harsimranjit singh Kler <si...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/22 11:11:08 UTC

Request timeout option in HTTP or AJP Connector

Hi

Using tomcat 6.0.29.

 i want to know is there any parameter in HTTP\AJP connector  to set
request time out(i.e if particular request taking long time to complete it
should time out after configured timeout value).?

My web application communicating to some external system where response is
very slow for particular queries so i want tomcat to timout those requests.

I checked and tested with setting *connectionTimeout,keepAliveTimeout *values
but these paremeter have different meaning and role in connector as per my
understanding from tomcat documentation.

regards
Harsimran

Re: Request timeout option in HTTP or AJP Connector

Posted by Harsimranjit singh Kler <si...@gmail.com>.

> Please, respond to comments/questions *below* the original, not on top of
> the email.
> It makes it a lot easier to follow the logical flow of questions/responses.
>
> About your original request : the Tomcat <Connectors> mentioned in
Tomcat's server.xml /have nothing to do/ with how your application talks to
anything else.
The Connectors handle only the HTTP/HTTPS/AJP requests/responses that go
between the browser and Tomcat.
If your application talks to anything else, then the timeouts have to be
set there (in whatever your application is using to do that).
Any timeouts (or any other parameter) set at the Tomcat Connector level
will not have any effect here.

Thanks,Intially i was in doubt that we can set request timeout at tomcat
connector level as well.

Re: Request timeout option in HTTP or AJP Connector

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Harsimranjit singh Kler <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>.