Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/28 01:00:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Tamaya 0.4-incubating-RC3

Hi,

I was running the needed tasks to get the 0.4-incubating release of Tamaya
out.
The artifacts available via the Apache distribution repository [1] and
also via Apache's Nexus [2].

The tag for this release candidate is available at [3] and will be renamed
once the vote passed.
Please take a look at the artifacts and vote!

Please note:
This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes (see
[4]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released, and
why ...

Anatole Tresch

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tamaya/0.4-incubating/

[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetamaya-103
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetamaya-1037>8
[3]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-tamaya.git;a=commit;h=d2d60786e3e72a2bb16e14e1b195f7b2487a33eb

[4] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

--
*Anatole Tresch*
PPMC Member Apache Tamaya

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Tamaya 0.4-incubating-RC3

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Phil,

Its not a question about what we think.. its about the ASF policy : )

Policy [1] says

"Source files consisting of works submitted directly to the ASF by the copyright owner or owner's agent must contain the appropriate ASF license header."

Thus, I would prefer to have it in if we agree that its some kind of source.

Julian

[1] https://apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#license-headers

Am 06.09.19, 00:04 schrieb "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>:

    Am 05.09.19 um 21:00 schrieb Julian Feinauer:
    > yeah I think we should have another RC... : /

    Should we exclude bnd files and markdown from RAT scans?

    I think it does not make sense to pollute the bnd files with license
    heeaders.

    Cheers,
    Phil

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Tamaya 0.4-incubating-RC3

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

yeah I think we should have another RC... : /

Julian

Am 05.09.19, 20:04 schrieb "Werner Keil" <we...@gmail.com>:

    All,

    Thanks everyone for checking it.
    I also saw, the link 2) was not working at least not in the way my email
    client rendered it.
    However, if there are other more severe issues, I'll wait for them to be
    addressed and hope it is ready to pass very soon.

    Werner

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
All,

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

thanks. Interesting so much things still pop up since it is not our first
release, but basically all issues found are good, do lets fix them and
bundle another release. I will may clean my complete setup here so
definitively no old key is laying around ;-)

If all works fine, I can do the work needed on Thursday. Can anybody else
prepare the also overdue report? I was not able to do it in time, sorry.

J Anatole

[Result][VOTE] Release of Apache Tamaya 0.4-incubating-RC3

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
I will close this vote again with a NO result, let's do another try - stay
tuned and happy ;-)

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.