Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tallak Tveide <TT...@oslo.westerngeco.slb.com> on 2004/12/08 10:07:37 UTC

Storing the Schema in the executable

I have been looking for ways to store the schema definition in the
executable. My way of doing this would be to store the schema file as a
string compiled into the executable, create a schema validator from
memory and then use the SAX2XMLReader.setValidator() method to use that
validator.

Unfortunately, I was unable to instanciate the Schema validator. Is this
possible in Xerces-C? Is there another way of achieving this?

Tallak

Re: Storing the Schema in the executable

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi,

       Look at LoadGrammar in DOMBuilder. It can take a DOMInputSource,
a subclass of which can load from memory. That way you could load in
into the cache and use that during parse.

Gareth

Tallak Tveide wrote:

> I have been looking for ways to store the schema definition in the
> executable. My way of doing this would be to store the schema file as
> a string compiled into the executable, create a schema validator from
> memory and then use the SAX2XMLReader.setValidator() method to use
> that validator.
>
> Unfortunately, I was unable to instanciate the Schema validator. Is
> this possible in Xerces-C? Is there another way of achieving this?
>
> Tallak

Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                  http://www.parthcomp.com