Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Luke Chen <lc...@parasoft.com> on 2001/08/27 18:47:34 UTC

Validating XML files with schemas which have other schema references.

Hi,

   We've been having difficulty validating XML files such as the SOAP packet
and WSDL files using Xerces.  While Xerces seems to have no problem
validating XML files with references to simple schemas, we don't seem to be
able to get Xerces to validate files which uses Schemas that contain
references to other schemas.  We have no problems parsing the files, of
course, but Validation is giving us problems.  We have used setProperty()
method from the XMLParser class to define all of the locations references,
but they don't seem to be used when the schemas are being processed.  Is
this a known issue?

-Luke