Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de> on 2007/03/01 14:05:57 UTC

Duplicate entries in the manifest file

Hello Maven experts,

I'm trying to create a Jar that depends on a couple of internally generated modules. All dependencies have different groupId, but some of them come from multi-module build and have the same artifactId. Example:

* <module1>/main
   +-- app
   +-- resources

* <module2>/main
   +-- app
   +-- resources

I'm referencing them in my main application the normal way, i.e.

<dependency>
  <groupId>module1</groupId>
  <artifactId>app</groupId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
  <groupId>module2</groupId>
  <artifactId>app</groupId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

Compiling the code and generating reports works as expected; I only have one issue with the jar:
Maven creates duplicate entries "app-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" in the "Class-Path" section in the manifest file because it obviously only uses the artifact names without their group Id.

Is there a way to avoid this? Or do I have to change these artifactId's?

Cheers

Thorsten

Re: Duplicate entries in the manifest file

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> Personally, I would just change the artifactId. Perhaps name them
> module1_app and modules2_app or something.

Ok thanks. Shouldn't be a big problem because I'm working on these modules to make them buildable and deployable via Maven ;-)

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Personally, I would just change the artifactId. Perhaps name them
module1_app and modules2_app or something.

Wayne