Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Henry LS <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/11 05:21:00 UTC

tuscany-sdo-1.0-incubator-M2-bin build error

Hi all, I followed the instruction and came to the step to build the Tuscany
SDO, but got the following error... Any Idea?

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\tuscany\java\sdo>mvn -N
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Tuscany SDO Implementation Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'
from the repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a
repository list that is not appropriately equipped for thi
s artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshot (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jan 11 15:01:20 EST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M
[INFO]

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\tuscany\java\sdo>

Re: tuscany-sdo-1.0-incubator-M2-bin build error

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
Perhaps a seemingly dumb question, but how did you obtain the the source
from & which did instructions did you follow ?
There are a couple of sources for how to build Tuscany Java (or SDO).... and
if one or more is unclear or wrong I'd like to fix it...

However, I think the problem is probably the -N switch since the sdo project
contains a number of subs that you will need to recurse into...

On my linux (does not have any maven or tuscany resources on it) machine I
just downloaded :
http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/tuscany/java/sdo/1.0-incubator-M2/source/tuscany-sdo-api-1.0-incubator-M2-src.tar.gz
and
http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/tuscany/java/sdo/1.0-incubator-M2/source/tuscany-sdo-impl-1.0-incubator-M2-src.tar.gz
and Maven 2.0.4 from
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/maven/binaries/maven-2.0.4-bin.tar.gz

Extracted Maven and setup maven (added maven bin to my path and set
JAVA_HOME)

I then extracted the two Tuscany SDO source archives into the same parent,
eg: I have a ~/temp/sdo-api and a ~/temp/sdo directory.

Did a cd ~/temp/sdo-api and ran mvn (without any switches). It appeared to
build..... then did the same in the ~/temp/sdo directory.

As a result I have a
~/temp/sdo-api/target/sdo-api-r2.0.1-1.0-incubator.jarand
~/temp/sdo/impl/target/tuscany-
sdo-impl-1.0-incubator-M2.jar

However, I did have to run mvn a couple of times in the ~/temp/sdo directory
since there are a large number of dependencies required and maven doesn't
always succeed downloading them first time around (I actually had to do it
three times before a sucessful build)....

I guess the other question is do you really want to build it - not that you
shouldn't, but just to make sure you know that you can download it prebuilt
http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/tuscany/java/sdo/1.0-incubator-M2/binary/tuscany-sdo-1.0-incubator-M2-bin.tar.gz...
but, I'm sure you already spotted this.

However running without the -N should do the trick... or at least I hope so
:)
Cheers,
Dan