Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Pedersen <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/16 08:51:44 UTC

ServletException: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagLibraryValidator - help!

Hi,

I had an app that was working - then I upgraded to Tomcat 5.5.9, and Java 1.5.

Now I get a javax.servlet.ServletException:
javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagLibraryValidator when I try to start the
app. I have followed all the google links for this problem and trawled
through the docs - I'm stuck!

I use one page to declare my taglibs, and this is included in all the
other pages:

<%@ taglib prefix="spring" uri="http://www.springframework.org/tags" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

If I delete the second line, the app starts fine, although of course
all the c: tags aren't evaluated. So it seems that the problem is only
associated with the standard tags.

Here is what I have at the top of my web.xml (I have tried variations!):

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
	"-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"

<web-app>

Here are the jar files I have in web-app\myApp\lib:

activation.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-dbcp.jar
commons-fileupload.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-pool.jar
cos.jar
itext-1.1.4.jar
jstl.jar
junit.jar
log4j-1.2.9.jar
mail.jar
mysql-connector-java-3.1.8-bin.jar
spring.jar
standard.jar
swissEph.jar

and the jar files I have in {tomcat-home}\common\lib:

commons-el.jar
jasper-compiler-jdt.jar
jasper-compiler.jar
jasper-runtime.jar
jsp-api.jar
naming-factory-dbcp.jar
naming-factory.jar
naming-resources.jar
servlet-api.jar

Inside the standard jar, in c.tld:

<description>JSTL 1.1 core library</description>
  <display-name>JSTL core</display-name>
  <tlib-version>1.1</tlib-version>
  <short-name>c</short-name>
  <uri>http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core</uri>

If anyone can help me solve this one, I'll be very relieved,

Thanks,

John Pedersen