Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2017/04/15 10:15:36 UTC

Re: Preparing for 3.3.0 / jena-text / elasticsearch

* Is org.elasticsearch:elasticsearch needed?
* Should we start at v5.3.0?

When I cleaned up the jena-text POM and rebuilt everything with
dependency org.elasticsearch:elasticsearch removed, and also with
<scope>test</scope>, jena-text builds and runs its tests; the Fuseki
server jar is back to around 25M.

So why was org.elasticsearch:elasticsearch needed? How do the test pass?

log4j2 does not seem to be used by the ES client.  It does drag in
Common Logging so I put the jcl-to-slf4j adapter in, and removed
dependency on log4j2.

ElasticSearch 5.2.2 and 5.3.0 has been released - I bumped the version
to 5.2.2 (this is that OK?) but should we start at 5.3.0?

Could someone please try out fuseki+text+ES?

I've trigger a complete rebuild of snapshots but the last one failed on
a start-up problem in testing for a dependency.

      Andy