Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Zachary Mitchell, BCIS" <za...@internode.on.net> on 2009/08/08 02:48:24 UTC

Jakarta Taglibs add on projects Question.

There are listed projects to produce open source JSTL style taglibs,

for the following Java api's:

JNDI: http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/jndi-doc/intro.html
JMS: http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/jmstags-doc/intro.html
IO:    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/io-doc/intro.html

The dowload links for all three are dead.

I am just politely wondering, what is happening with these projects?

They would add valuable functionalities to the JSP tag paradigm.

Re: Jakarta Taglibs add on projects Question.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Zachary Mitchell,
BCIS<za...@internode.on.net> wrote:
> There are listed projects to produce open source JSTL style taglibs,
>
> for the following Java api's:
>
> JNDI: http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/jndi-doc/intro.html
> JMS: http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/jmstags-doc/intro.html
> IO:    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/io-doc/intro.html
>
> The dowload links for all three are dead.
>
> I am just politely wondering, what is happening with these projects?
>
> They would add valuable functionalities to the JSP tag paradigm.

Most of the Taglibs are dormant as they have no active developers and
are unlikely to be revived here at Jakarta:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/site/dormant.html

The taglibs that have had releases are listed here (however, I'm not
sure why JNDI is there if it hasn't had a release as its home page
says):

    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/site/taglibs.html

-Rahul