Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by hema latha <ah...@rediffmail.com> on 2001/06/16 13:46:45 UTC

Problem in Implementing ESQL

Hi,
 I'm new to Cocoon.I tried alot for implementing ESQL after reading docs in Cocoon2.
I did the following steps given below for implenting ESQL using InterBase Database.
But Iam getting error message as
Failure to execute pipeline,Internal servlet error.

please check the steps I had followed for implementing ESQL using InterBase Database are correct.
If there is any mistake report me & also give some guidances as steps for implementing the ESQL & to correct the error.

I had followed all the instruction as given in using databases given in Cocoon such as:
1.I added these lines in web.xml file.
	 <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
       <!-- InterBase Drivers: -->
	interbase.interclient.Driver
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

2. I added these lines in cocoonx.conf

 <datasources>
  <jdbc name="personnel">
<dburl>jdbc:interbase://localhost/C:/sql/employee.gdb</dburl>
<user>SYSDBA</user>
<password>masterkey</password>
</jdbc>
</datasources>

3.I have an XSP-Page esql.xsp looking like this:
<xsp:page
          language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"

 <page>
 <title>A Database Driven XSP Page</title>
 <content>

   <esql:connection>
     <esql:driver>org.interbase.interclient.Driver</esql:driver>
     <esql:dburl>jdbc:interbase://localhost/C:/sql/employee.gdb</esql:dburl>
     <esql:username>SYSDBA</esql:username>
     <esql:password>masterkey</esql:password>
     <esql:execute-query>
       <esql:query>select * from emp</esql:query>
       <esql:results>
         <esql:row-results>
           <para><esql:get-string column="ename"/></para>
           <esql:get-columns/>
         </esql:row-results>
       </esql:results>
     </esql:execute-query>
     </esql:connection>

   </content>
  </page>
</xsp:page>
</esql:driver>
saved this above esql.xsp page  in  c:/jakarat-tomcat-4.0-b3/webapps/cocoon/docs/samples/xsp directory.

4.I added these lines in sitemap.xmap
 <map:match pattern="xsp/*">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/samples/xsp/esql.xsp"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/esql.xsl">
        <map:parameter name="view-source" value="docs/samples/xsp/esql.xsp"/>
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

whether the above lines are correct?

5.When I give the URI request such as
http:\\localhost:8080\cocoon\xsp\esql
It showing error in browser such as:
internal-server-error
message Exception in Handler
description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in Handler:org.xml.sax.SAXException: Stopping after fatal error: The element type "map:transform" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".
source Cocoon servlet
request-uri
/cocoon/xsp/esql
embedded exception
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Stopping after fatal error: The element type "map:transform" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

or
Failure to execute pipeline.

so,please give some guidances to correct the above said error.
I think that Iam doing mistake in the above mentioned steps.
If there is any mistake in above mentioned steps followed by me for implementing ESQL,then report to me immediately.
Its Urgent!!!

Awaiting for your favourable reply

Thank You
-Regards
Hemalatha

Buy Lagaan & Yaadein music for 30% less.
Avail this special offer at http://shopping.rediff.com/shopping/music/offerrediffmailer.htm

Re: Problem in Implementing ESQL

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On 16 Jun 2001, hema latha wrote:

> [...]
>         <map:parameter name="view-source" value="docs/samples/xsp/esql.xsp"/>
>     </map:transform>
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>
> whether the above lines are correct?
>
> 5.When I give the URI request such as
> http:\\localhost:8080\cocoon\xsp\esql It showing error in browser
> such as: internal-server-error message Exception in Handler
> description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
> Handler:org.xml.sax.SAXException: Stopping after fatal error: The
> element type "map:transform" must be terminated by the matching
> end-tag "". sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet source
> Cocoon servlet request-uri /cocoon/xsp/esql embedded exception
> org.xml.sax.SAXException: Stopping after fatal error: The element

> type "map:transform" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".
                      !
Read again this line -+

It seems you have a non well formed sitemap.
above

Giacomo