Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2016/12/08 18:26:05 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Release (RC1)

Igniters,

Apache Ignite 1.8.0 release (RC1) has been accepted.

11 "+1" votes received:

- Alexey Kuzentsov (binding)
- Anton Vinogradov (binding)
- Denis Magda (binding)
- Nikolai Tikhonov (binding)
- Roman Shtykh (binding)
- Sergi Vladykin (binding)
- Yakov Zhdanov (binding)
- Andrey Gura
- Pavel Tupitsyn
- Saikat Maitra
- Vladisav Jelisavcic

Vote thread:

*http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/VOTE-Apache-Ignite-1-8-0-RC1-td12754.html
<http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/VOTE-Apache-Ignite-1-8-0-RC1-td12754.html>*

Ignite 1.8.0 will be released soon. Woohoo!

Vladimir.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Release (RC1)

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Maven Central should grab the changes during the next update window. The ticket is left opened until this happens. However, the issue was fixed in general, the artifacts are accessible from the pom file.

—
Denis

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Finally, the issue has been resolved
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13073 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13073>

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Release (RC1)

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Sergey K., Anton,

Please double check that we met all the requirements from this page during
the release
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html

If somethings was missed the artifacts wouldn't be uploaded to Maven
Central automatically.

--
Denis

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I don't think INFRA has any control of how something is pushed into Maven
central. Interestingly enough, looking thought the artifacts in Maven, I see
a whole bunch of the component that are pulled from the latest releases yet
are presented in the Maven. Say geospacial is only published up to 1.2.0, etc.

Looks like some house-cleaning needs to be done.
  Cos

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Cos, Roman S.,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.
Hi:

http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/ignite

the site above, not updated?

\u5728 2016/12/9 22:06, Sergey Kozlov \u5199\u9053:

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.
Hi

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
I see the same on my side

[09:07:37] Ignite node started OK (id=a09edfc6)
[09:07:42] Topology snapshot [ver=1, servers=1, clients=0, CPUs=4, heap=1.0GB]
[09:07:47] New version is available at ignite.apache.org: 1.7.0

Did we miss something during the release stage? Sergey K., Vovan, could you check?

—
Denis

Posted by Ксения Рыбакова <ks...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
С уважением, Ксения.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Release (RC1)

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Denis,

--
Vladimir Ozerov
Senior Software Architect

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Release (RC1)

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Denis,

I think section "Latest News" on https://ignite.apache.org/ also should be
updated with info about ignite-1.8.0.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.8.0 Release (RC1)

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Awesome! Kudos to everyone for hard work on the release.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Great, thanks!

Released all the docs (Java, .NET, C++, etc.) and update the site partially.

I can’t go ahead and update the downloads page [1] on the site because the binaries and sources haven’t been uploaded yet. I get 404 error every time I try to download one of the below.
http://apache.osuosl.org/ignite/1.8.0/apache-ignite-1.8.0-src.zip <http://apache.osuosl.org/ignite/1.8.0/apache-ignite-1.8.0-src.zip>
http://apache.osuosl.org/ignite/1.8.0/apache-ignite-fabric-1.8.0-bin.zip <http://apache.osuosl.org/ignite/1.8.0/apache-ignite-fabric-1.8.0-bin.zip>
http://apache.osuosl.org/ignite/1.8.0/apache-ignite-hadoop-1.8.0-bin.zip <http://apache.osuosl.org/ignite/1.8.0/apache-ignite-hadoop-1.8.0-bin.zip>

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4402 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4402>