Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Moncif Aidi <ai...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/23 11:31:01 UTC

solr Indexing PDF attachments not working. in ubuntu

HI,

I have a problem with integrating solr in Ubuntu server.Before using solr
on ubuntu server i tested it on my mac it was working perfectly. it indexed
my PDF,Doc,Docx documents.so after installing solr on ubuntu server and
using the same configuration files and librairies. i've found out that solr
doesn't index PDf documents.But i can search over .Doc and .Docx documents.
here some parts of my solrconfig.xml contents :

<lib dir="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/contrib/extraction/lib"
regex=".*\.jar" />
  <lib dir="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/dist/"
regex="solr-cell-\d.*\.jar" />

<requestHandler name="/update/extract"
                  startup="lazy"
                  class="solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler" >
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="lowernames">true</str>
      <str name="fmap.meta">ignored_</str>
      <str name="fmap.content">_text_</str>
    </lst>
  </requestHandler>

--
M:+212 658541045
Linkedin

<https://www.facebook.com/M0ziNsof> |  *Skype :* moncif44

Re: solr Indexing PDF attachments not working. in ubuntu

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
Do you see any exceptions in the solr log?

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016, 16:29 Moncif Aidi <ai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> I have a problem with integrating solr in Ubuntu server.Before using solr
> on ubuntu server i tested it on my mac it was working perfectly. it indexed
> my PDF,Doc,Docx documents.so after installing solr on ubuntu server and
> using the same configuration files and librairies. i've found out that solr
> doesn't index PDf documents.But i can search over .Doc and .Docx documents.
> here some parts of my solrconfig.xml contents :
>
> <lib dir="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/contrib/extraction/lib"
> regex=".*\.jar" />
>   <lib dir="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/dist/"
> regex="solr-cell-\d.*\.jar" />
>
> <requestHandler name="/update/extract"
>                   startup="lazy"
>                   class="solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler" >
>     <lst name="defaults">
>       <str name="lowernames">true</str>
>       <str name="fmap.meta">ignored_</str>
>       <str name="fmap.content">_text_</str>