Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Craig McDaniel <cp...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/08 19:34:18 UTC

Creating an assembly for an SWT app

I have been reading up on the assembly plugin and the standard
directory layout...
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

I am still unsure of how to go about creating and configuring an SWT
application. Clearly, the SWT jar file would be a typical dependency
(although a recent 3.1.x version does not exist in the maven repo).
But what about the native libraries, like the DLLs for Windows? Does
it make sense to include them in my project under src/ somewhere?
Since it is not really part of the jar file (the main artifact), I
would not put it in src/main. My inclination would be to put them in
src/swt.

Does this seem reasonable? Is there a better way to do this? I am
going to need a script (.bat file) to start the app as well. Perhaps I
should just put this environmental stuff, including the DLLs, into
src/env or something like that. If I need to support multiple OS's, I
can use src/env/win32, etc... Although, then I would have to deal with
multilpe SWT jar dependencies.

Has anyone built an SWT application like this and created an assembly
for binary installation? I just want to know if I am on the right
track, as I am a Maven 1 user trying to learn the ropes of Maven 2.

Is anyone actively working on updating the SWT artifacts? If not, I
will take a shot at it. On a side note, it would be nice if these
pom's had the pom author and email address specified.

--
Craig McDaniel