Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Kunal Jaura <ku...@crmantra.com> on 2015/11/04 16:03:49 UTC

RE: Flex 4.15.0

Hi Alex,

We've been working on Mobile apps using Flex-AIR for the last 4 years. With all the hoopla around 'Flash dying' my boss has been after me to figure out if we need to move to a new technology with 'more community support'.

The reason I asked about this was to get an idea on what Apache Flex has in terms of a roadmap for enhancements/ new features for Flex. I do see a lot of activity & excitement around FlexJS but haven’t heard much on the Flex SDK side.

I've been a fan of Flex for years now and I guess I'm looking for help from this group to get something to counter my boss's point that  'the support for Flex is diminishing & it’s a dying toolset'.

Cheers
Kunal Jaura | Director of Architecture | www.CRMantra.com  | office +1 (415) 839 9672 | mobile +1 (415) 272 4868 | kunal.jaura@CRMantra.com

From: Kunal Jaura <ku...@crmantra.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 11:16 AM
To: "users@flex.apache.org<ma...@flex.apache.org>" <us...@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: Flex 4.15.0

Hi,

Does anyone know if/ when Flex 4.15.0 will be released?

Cheers
Kunal Jaura | Director of Architecture | www.CRMantra.com<http://www.crmantra.com/>  | office +1 (415) 839 9672 | mobile +1 (415) 272 4868 | kunal.jaura@CRMantra.com<ma...@CRMantra.com>

[cid:image007.png@01D1123B.3AB1B430]<http://www.crmantra.com/>           [cid:image008.png@01D1123B.3AB1B430] <https://twitter.com/crmantra>   [cid:image009.png@01D1123B.3AB1B430] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/crmantra>

RE: Flex 4.15.0

Posted by Tom Brazil <tb...@axway.com>.
Agreed. Flex apps on iOS and Android mobile/tablet are really, really powerful. Video of a very fast mobile datagrid on iOS from Flex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm9yGfcwwBo&list=FLtniUcFZpSrdzaStBbsjkKQ

Looking forward to cross-platform with Flexjs

Tom

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

RE: Flex 4.15.0

Posted by Saul Diaz <cr...@gmail.com>.
The problem is starting to lose the fight in the desktop and is very hard to keep fighting in the web.

Saul
Flex, especially for Mobile is not going anywhere anytime soon.  I have been using Flex Mobile to build graphically intensive, data driven mobile apps for iOS and Android for a while now.  Nothing comes close to the power of Flex and AIR in terms for cross platform app devlopment.

Take a look at the talk I gave at ApacheCon 2015 just last month.  Slide number 4, especially, talks about the recent momentum and success behind Adobe AIR.
http://www.slideshare.net/bigosmallm/flex-mobile-apachecon-2015

Thanks,
Om

Re: Flex 4.15.0