Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andrew Williams <an...@edoc.com> on 1997/08/15 18:38:45 UTC

Re: os-irix/998: serv's first request fine, then hangs on every

On 15-Aug-97 Marc Slemko wrote:
>Synopsis: serv's first request fine, then hangs on every other request
>
>State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
>State-Changed-By: marc
>State-Changed-When: Fri Aug 15 09:25:25 PDT 1997
>State-Changed-Why:
>In what manner does it hang?  If you try to telnet to
>port 8080, does it connect and then sit there or does
>it not connect or do you get connection refused?

telnet to port 8080
GET /

just sits there.

>How many httpd child processes are running when the problem
>happens?

# ServerPool Information
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10
StartServers 5
MaxClients 150

>Try recompiling with -DNO_SLACK added to your EXTRA_CFLAGS
>(and rerun Configure, of course).

Added -DNO_SLACK
./Configure
make clean
make

Did not work.

>Are you using the exact same config files for the two
>versions?  (except possibly for the port number which
>shouldn't matter)

Yes.  Everything except for port.

I am about to install the latest IRIX5.3 Jumbo Patch.  I'll let you know what
the results are after that as well.

---
Andrew Williams        Systems Administrator
andrew@edoc.com        http://www.edoc.com/
Voice: (410)691-6971   Fax: (410)691-6235